The benefits of practicing hot yoga are widely known....increased strength, flexibility, focus. It promotes healing and detoxification and can even prolong your life. Whether you're new to the practice, returning after a break or just looking for a little refresher, here are our tips on how to prepare and make the most of your class.
1. Incorporate foods like apples, bananas and almonds into your diet the day of class. They'll help keep you hydrated and give you a boost of energy (just make sure to eat them no more than 2-3 hours before class!)
2. Avoid eating a heavy meal prior because it can have adverse effects on your ability to practice.
3. Make sure to stay hydrated throughout the day prior to class (or the night before if you are taking an early morning class) and be sure to drink some water immediately before class. Keep plenty of water with you during class to consume as needed.
4. Arrive early to allow yourself sometime to relax, meditate and mentally prepare for class and to set up your space with your towel and mat.
5. Dress comfortably and in proper clothing so you have no restrictions with any of the poses.
Preparing, physically and mentally, for yoga is important so that your mind and body are able to relax and enjoy the benefits of your practice. And remember...no two classes are the same, so make sure to practice patience!