As Health Coaches, one of the most important topics that we stress is the concept of life food. That’s the type of food that nourishes your soul. You can’t see it, touch it or taste it, but you can feel it. And that’s where self love comes into the picture.
In order to maintain a healthy lifestyle, it is so important to make taking care of yourself a priority and give yourself some well-deserved love. If you’re unsure where to start, we’ve come up with a few ideas:
- Incorporate movement into your life: whether it’s yoga or pilates, running or weight lifting, movement releases endorphins and gives you energy
- Find a hobby that you like and make sure to set aside time on a regular basis to dedicate to it
- Eat high quality foods that make you feel good. Yes, organic produce is more expensive but you’re worth it!
- Don’t be hard on yourself if and when things go wrong. We’re only human.
- Create a relaxing living space for yourself. Light candles or paint rooms in cool, soothing colors. Take a bubble bath! Whatever it takes to help you unwind.
- Have fun! We’re programmed to work work work. Make sure to take a break! Life is meant to be enjoyed.
We can’t emphasize this enough: create an action plan and make sure to follow it through. Because happiness radiates…and that’s priceless.
Eat healthy. Be happy.