If yesterday's heat is any indication of what's up the pike this summer, all we can say is wow...it's going to be a hot one! It's normal to think things like 'why go to Bikram yoga when it's already very warm outside,' but the truth is, summer is the perfect time to practice. Here's a few reasons why we like a good Bikram class in the summer:
1. In general, class sizes can be smaller because people are hitting the beach all day (though we have early bird and night classes too!) or spending time with their kids when school is out.
2. Your body is already more warmed up because of the heat outdoors. This works to your advantage in class.
3. If you can handle the 105 degree heat of a hot room, surely a house or an apartment that is at least 30 degrees cooler should be easy. Turn the A/C off and put the fan on...you're already adapted to the summer weather from class, so kick back, relax and save some money on your electric bill by decreasing the use of your A/C.
4. A regular Bikram practice can help you get that beach body you've always dreamed of. Change comes when you embrace and believe in the yoga. It can do amazing things!
5. Okay...so we're a little selfish with this last one. But our final reason of the day is YOU! We love seeing you before, during and after class.
Do you practice in the summer? Share your experience with us!