We certainly enjoyed the first day of extra sunlight! But did you know that there is so much more to daylight saving time than just moving a clock forward? Some interesting facts....
1. Most people refer to this time of year as daylight savings time (plural.) But really, it's daylight saving time.
2. Daylight saving time is a safer time of year because sunlight decreases the amount of accidents on the road. The number of violent crimes has been known to decrease this time of year as well since darkness plays such a key factor for many unfortunate incidents.
3. Daylight saving time was extended by a few weeks by President George W. Bush.
4. Daylight saving time was thought of by Benjamin Franklin
5. Daylight saving time sometimes requires adjusting, so take it easy this week! Some people experience restlessness for the first few evenings. The shift is traditionally easier for early birds.